samba question about NO SECURITY

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Oct 17 19:45:03 GMT 2001

Here is mine.
Anybody can log on.
The only security is from the hosts allow in globals, but you can take that
off.
The way this works is:
security = SHARE
Then, allow guest ok = yes in global
and guest account = ftp or some other suitable account.
Now, don't forget that samba allows all sorts of flexible ways to allow and limit access to
shares.
Joel

global]
        netbios name = JHAMMER6
        server string = Samba %v Your Server
        security = SHARE
        log level = 1
        os level = 100
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
        wins support = Yes
        message command = /bin/sh -c 'less %s;rm %s' &
        guest account = ftp
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168. 127.