Upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.2.1a

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Oct 15 07:34:08 GMT 2001

On 12 Oct 2001, John Evans wrote:

>     I have the WHATSNEW.txt, but that only details the changes between
> 2.2.1a and the next oldest version. I suppose I could find all of the
> WHATSNEW.txt files for all versions between 2.0.6 and 2.2.1a, but if
> there is a single document that has this information that would be
> best.

* Support for WIndows NT printing subsystem (MS-RPC)
* rewritten internal locking semantics
* replacement of flat files with TDB for performance boost
* winbind (2.2.2)
* --with-pam
* --with-vfs
* --with-msdfs
* --with-XXXsam (experiemental in 2.2.2)
* official PDC support for NT4/2k (no trust relatio ships or
  PDC<->BDC SAM replication with NT DC)

chers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org