NTLMv2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Nov 29 21:23:02 GMT 2001

Rob Simmons wrote:

> What is the progress of NTLMv2 support in samba?  I saw a question about
> this on the list earlier this month, and the answer of "We're working on
> it."
>
> I'm also wondering what still needs to be done?
>
> and
>
> What can I do to help?

Grab a copy of the recent 3.0alpha0 and test it.  I have the code in
there for NTLMv2, but I'm not sure it works properly.  In particular it
won't work with Win2k becouse of the use of SPNEGO (I think I have the
negotiation stuffed up).

But if sombody could confirm/deny NTLMv2 in NT4 I would appricite it.

If you have any other questions, or want to get into the code a bit
deeper, just give me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au