Issues with Samba / NT

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Nov 28 23:33:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Phil Greenway wrote:

> I wish your help files were more descriptive.
>
> I can't get the NT box to connect to the samba share ... due to some
> permission bullshit.

Not the best way to ask for help.

How do you think your mechanic would respond if you drove upto his garage,
screeched to a halt told him the car wasn't working and then walked off.  Not
all too dis-similar to your arival on this list.

Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

It would be handy if you told us:
What version of NT you're running (incl.  service pack) ?
What version of samba, did you build it yourself ?
Is this a new install of an upgrade ?
What OS your samba box ?
and indeed the error message you recieve.
maybe even your smb.conf file.

Any other information about what you have done to locate the problem and any
general information you think might be helpfull.

http://samba.org/samba/docs/DIAGNOSIS.html

Is a great document, have a read through it, and try out some of the
steps.  Let us know where you get stuck.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */