samba SuSE bootup script ?

Fritz, Wolfgang Wolfgang.Fritz at datentechnik.com
Wed Nov 28 07:20:07 GMT 2001

Hi,

if you have installed the samba package from the SuSE CDs, you should
have a start/stop script "smb" in /etc/init.d.

You may try to start samba manually by issuing "rcsmb start" or
"/etc/init.d/smb start" as root.

If that works, you can set the Variable
START_SMB="yes" in /etc/rc.config with yast. Watch yast doing a suseconf
run.

That's it. I think there's a chapter about Samba in the SuSE "Netzwerk"
book.

Wolfgang