Wanting to run a UNIX command on Windows shared files

Leblanc, Benoit bleblanc at mtq.gouv.qc.ca
Tue Nov 27 10:26:05 GMT 2001

Hi everybody,

I posted the following on 'comp.protocols.smb' newsgroup but got no answer.
I'm now trying this way.

On one side, I have a Solaris 7 box running Samba 2.2.0 and on the other, a
W2K
machine sharing to everyone in full access mode the contents of its
C:\Public directory.

Is there a way to run a UNIX script or command on this Windows share?  I
tried using 'smbclient' but it seems to be limited to run a local command on
local files or remote commands on remote files. I looked at 'smbmount' in
the documentation, but the command doesn't seem to be available on my
system.

Samba lets me run Windows commands on UNIX share.  I simply want to do the
same at the other end of the wire.

Any ideas or clues?

Thanks