Domain admin group.

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Fri Nov 23 02:42:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

When I went to add a domain user to the local administrators group on a
Win2k SP2 machine I was expecting to see the following entries in the
current members
    * Administrator
    * SM\Domain Admins

However what I got was,
    * Administrator
    * SM\Unix.group.23423423425    (numbers are not correct here ;-) )

Is this normal?  I tried to add the entry SM\Domain Admins but 2k gave
me an error that it could not proceed as a group or user does not exists..

Samba 2.2.2, Win2K SP2 + security hotfixes

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams