Samba PDC causing M$ office not to work

Dr Andreas F Muller afm at othello.ch
Sat Nov 17 11:26:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

I've set up samba 2.2.1a on a Linux box as a PDC for a  bunch  of
NT4SP5 clients. This works quite nicely. All applications work as
they should, except Office, which complains about  a  failure  to
initialize user32.dll. If I turn all users into domain admin, of-
fice works as it should. Some of the PCs run  with  FAT  (I  know
it's  bad,  but it was already so when I started to support their
network), others with NTFS, but  this  doesn't  seem  to  make  a
difference.  I'm not the M$ application type, so does anyone have
an idea that could help me, clueless as I am?

Mit herzlichem Gruss

                                        Andreas Mueller

Dr. Andreas Mueller                 Beratung und Entwicklung
Bubental 53, CH - 8852 Altendorf            <afm at othello.ch>
Voice: +41 55 462 1483             Fax/Data: +41 55 462 1485