Samba 2.0.7

Bruce Garcia bruce at aurorasoftware.com
Tue Nov 13 07:54:08 GMT 2001

I have just installed Samba 2.0.7 on a New IBM Netfinity computer system
running SCO Open Server 5.  I am having problems with mapped drives.  I can
map network drives, but on some clients (pc's) I am losing the mapping.  I
try to copy lets say a 10 mb file from the UNIX machine to my local pc
through either Windows Explorer or using FTP with the same results which
are the following:  Windows says it will take 14 minutes to copy these
files (Explorer) and after 2 minutes or so I will get a error "Network
device no longer available".  The client here is a Windows ME machine.  If
I use FTP the same transfer will take 15  minuites.

On other clients ME or 98 the same transfer as above will take 10 seconds
or so.  This is on the same network. The above needless to say is
preventing me from running applications that use mapped drives.

This network is small with 15 pc's and 20 serial (dumb terminals) devices.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce Garcia