[patch] smbfs/mount integration (user/noauto)

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sun Nov 11 06:33:31 GMT 2001

I have done some work on the "mount integration" I talked about earlier.
It would be nice if some of you that have asked questions regarding
differences between smbmount and mount would test this.

This uses the regular mount command to mount smbfs and should therefore
support all normal mount things, like -n for not writing a mtab entry or
specifiying 'user' to allow a regular user to mount something.
noexec, noauto ...

3 patches, one for mount, one for samba and one for the kernel.

Instructions and patches:
http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbconnect/index.html

This is experimental code. Test it, let me know what happened.

/Urban