Need help with error if possible

Ken_Koller at gits.avaya.com Ken_Koller at gits.avaya.com
Mon Nov 5 11:30:09 GMT 2001

WE use samba a lot here Supporting the IT at Avaya
and have run into a problem we seem to be stuck on.
We went to your Web site and followed the

 DIAGNOSIS.txt on trouble
 shooting Samba and came up
 with no error. But when trying
 to map a drive we can not with this message
 in the log files;
 [2001/11/02 14:26:17, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(208)
   co9510kkoller (135.122.34.116) couldn't find service sdscpb6

 We have no problems an mapping /tmp nor /home drives
 I will include the sample of how our smb.conf looks
 but we get no errors when we do your testparm script

 Any suggestions.... !
 Thanks
 Kenny

 guest account = nobody
  lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
  share modes = yes
  encrypt passwords = yes
  security = server
  server string = Samba Server
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY
  password level = 0
  username map = /usr/local/samba/username.map
;  wins server = 135.9.140.120
  wins server = 135.60.129.108
;  wins support = yes

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes

; A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people
; in the ntmcts group

[sdscpb6]
  comment = PowerBuilder Project Files
  path = /usr/hqdev/pb6