Win 2000 says Samba file as a revision 3 ACL (ACL_REVISION3)

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Nov 5 07:12:03 GMT 2001

I've gotten this error under NT4 when the default ACL and the directory ACL
for a folder on a Samba machine are not the same.  My guess is that since NT
does not allow this situation (you can only cause the permissions on the
folder to be inherited, not arbitrary defaults) it's unable to deal with the
situation and gives the error.