Printer default document properties

Karsten Scholtyssik scholty at gmx.de
Thu May 10 10:50:23 GMT 2001

Hi there,

we recently installed the latest samba 2.2.0 on a
Solaris 2.6 server and encounter some problems with the
default document propoerties of our printers.

The printer admins can set the properties and if we query them again
the correct settings are diplayed.
But if an application uses the printer the paper and duplex settings seem
to be wrong. They are always "A4 klein" (we are using a german NT 4)
instead of A4 and "duplex long page" instead of "simplex".
Please note that the paper settings are NOT "A4 small" which would be
the translation for "A4 klein".

To mee it seems that there is a problem with the DEVCAPS encoding
somewhere in the server.

Does anyone have a hint how this problem can be solved?

  Karsten