[homes] share not working mdk 2.2.0-20010417

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at iastate.edu
Wed May 9 17:17:17 GMT 2001

About my system:

 [root at myhost /root]# rpm -qa | grep samba

 samba-2.2.0-20010417

 [root at myhost /root]# uname -a

 Linux myhost.mydomain.iastate.edu 2.2.17-21mdk #1 Thu Oct 5 13:16:08 CEST
 2000 i686 unknown

In the examples below, I'm using encrypted passwords with user-level
security.  I can access the [tmp] share explicitly defined, but trying to
access my homedirectory via [homes] fails.

I'm also not getting any useful info from the logs, despite

   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

The behavior is independent of whether I'm using smbclient from 2.0.7 or
from 2.2.0.