connections.tdb size & max connections

Teng, Cheo S teng at bnl.gov
Wed May 9 16:17:33 GMT 2001

I have recently installed SAMBA 2.2 and had two problems.

connections.tdb:
There is a file, connections.tdb, gets really big to over 106 Mb in two or
three days.  I have less than 10 users total.  Some of them uses Exceed
also.
smbstatus shows about 5 users most of the time. Most of them logoff at the
end of day.  How could I limit or control this file size not to get to this
big?

max connections:
The log from running testparm shows max connections = 0 in the [global]
parameters section.  This means that Samba allows unlimited connections.
However, I experienced connection problems few times and I had to use kill
-15 pid command to allow more connections.  The users use Exceed seem to
cause this problem.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Cheo Teng