samba 2.2 == all printers supported? (hp 3150?)

Justin datura at io.com
Tue May 8 23:36:56 GMT 2001

Greetings!

Thanks to all on the samba team for such a great product!

In the process of ridding the office of all Windoze machines, I have
been charged with hooking our HP LaserJet 3150 printer/scanner/copier
up to a linux box and using that machine as our print server.

Linuxprinting.org says that the 3150 is not supported by linux, and
I believe them after sending many print jobs without even a beep from
the printer.

However, I heard from a friend that the newest version of Samba
supports win printers with the new print driver code.

Can anyone confirm this and/or shed more light?  I'm currently
running 2.0.7.

Thanks!

 Justin