Unable to browse Linux shares from windows.

Keith Mastin kmastin at beechtree-its.com
Tue May 8 22:39:43 GMT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Bill Moran wrote:

>The easiest way to set this up (that I've seen) is to set DNS and WINS
>configuration through DHCP, which keeps everything consistent. You still
>have to check every single computer, though, because it's possible to
>set configuration information that overrides DHCP.

Thanks Bill.
Now, I have 3 linux machines and 3 M$ machines on this network. Windows
will be easy to point to use dns and wins for dhcp, but how do I set up
the linux (RH7.0) boxes for this? Is there something I've missed in
smb.conf, or is this done in network-scripts?
Thanks again.

Keith Mastin	     kmastin at beechtree-its.com
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    M4G 3V5    Tel(416)696-6070
	http://www.beechtree-its.com