Thanks

Wholesale Tire & Wheel tire at safeaccess.com
Tue May 8 18:20:02 GMT 2001

Just a note of thanks to the Samba Team.  I administer a 6 system network at
a tire warehouse and developed a custom inventory and accounting system in
C.  I've had all sorts of problems with our Windows NT 4.0 Workstation which
was being used as our file server.  I'd append a record to the end of a
file, then read it back and it would be garbage.  After closing server files
from a client, the resources would still be open on the server, eventually
causing the system to crash.  The last straw was when it started taking as
long as 45 seconds to simply open a file.  That's right, I'd call
fopen() and it wouldn't return for 45 seconds.  Of course being closed
source, there was no way for me to determine what the heck Windows was doing
for 45 seconds, let alone fix the problem.  Our server is now a Linux/Samba
box and it works flawlessly.  I can now go back and take out some of the
ridiculous hacks I had to implement to get the system to run on NT.  Thanks
much for making my life easier, and our business data more secure.

Jim McManus
Wholesale Tire & Wheel
Flagstaff, AZ.