samba nt and nis

Robert Casties robert.casties at philo.unibe.ch
Tue May 8 16:17:54 GMT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Christian Barth wrote:

> >  Is it possible to change my Password from a NT-Machine in nis baove samba?
> Yes, if the samba sever is on the same machine then the NIS server
>
> >  And how i can do it?
> put a "cd /var/yp; make" at the end of the passwd chat.
> or let cron do this.

I haven't tried this but you can change the password chat to use yppasswd
instead of passwd. Then you can use it even in case the samba server is
not your NIS master.

It works only if samba does the password chat with the UID of the user -
does it?

You need the unix password sync option of course.

Cheers
	Robert

--
Robert Casties --------------------- http://philoscience.unibe.ch/~casties
History & Philosophy of Science             Tel: +41/31/631-8505 Room: 216