locking files, and directory permissions.

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu May 3 15:39:04 GMT 2001

Hi Marc,
Don't know about your locking issue, but afraid you're stuck on the root
thing;  basically if samba sees that you are on the admin users list, your
UID is gonna be set to 0, like it or not.  force user won't do you any good
(unless you are forcing a user who is NOT on the admin list), as the user
you are forcing to is STILL on the admin list, and your uid is STILL gonna
be 0.  This hearkens back to the old unix adage - ya don't log on as root
unless ya need to do root stuff.  IE,
have a normal logon where you do your work, and an admin users logon that
you use for admin stuff.

Hope this helps,
Don
 "Reason, not volume, is the primary
differentiator between a discussion, and an
argument."