Samba 2.2 "ghost" lock problems

Daniel Schales dan at coes.LaTech.edu
Wed May 2 16:37:04 GMT 2001

I'm having a problem with 2.2 leaving locks in place after the smbd
process is long gone.  This is causing some headaches.  I asusme
this is a bug, but is there any way to clear these out short
of a brute force wiping the lock database?

sample:

> smbstatus -L | grep 42685

42685  DENY_NONE  RDONLY     NONE             /user/XXXX/docs/column.txt
Sun Apr 29 14:34:26 2001

> smbstatus -p | grep 42685
[nothing]

> ps -auwx | grep 42685
[nothing]

The smbd process that locked the file is gone, but it still shows up in
the locks...this is on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE

Thanks

Danny

--
Daniel Schales             Louisiana Tech University
dan at LaTech.edu