Help with quota setting...

Chris G Haravata chrish at apc.edu.ph
Wed May 2 07:41:27 GMT 2001

Grant wrote:

> http://www.murkworks.net/link_farm/mini_HOWTO/Quota.html

thanks for that, Grant.  But tell me this:  what is the correct
combination between inodes and blocks that will effectively set the
user space quota at, say, 15MB?

For my testing, I am using the following numbers:

           soft:5000 and hard:6500 for blocks
           soft:40 and hard:45 for inodes
           and 2.75 MP3 file and a 20kb Word file as my test files.

If i copy the MP3 file several times, it will prompt me that my disk is
full after copying the third file, but it will continue to let me copy
the files unitl i get to the 43 file (including . and ..)

if i copy the 20kb Word file, it will allow me to go all the way to the
45 hard limit for inodes, but it will only total 860kb.

What can I do?  Isn't there a way to set the file limit (in MB) without
having to set the blocks and inodes?

HELP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

---
Spawn -- the Scourge of the Dammed