session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)

Scott Stoddard sstoddar at gblx.net
Fri Mar 30 23:30:36 GMT 2001

	Hi, I am trying to list the shares on a windows ME machine and I am getting
the following

[root]# smbclient -L 192.168.0.253
added interface ip=192.168.0.1 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
session request to 192.168.0.253 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)

I have also tried various other options that all end with the same error, I
search the web for a solution and found plenty of people asking a silimar
question, but have been unable to find a fix... anyone have a idea of what
is going on here? Thanx!

--Scott Stoddard

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember.
I do and I understand." -Confucius