Vas is das "hosed"?

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Fri Mar 30 17:20:32 GMT 2001

--On Friday, March 30, 2001 12:02 AM -0600 David Rankin
<drankin at cox-internet.com> wrote:

> [...]

I had been using the words "hosed" or "boned", but they can have bad
connotations, particularly right after an organization goes through sexual
harassment training!

I learned a new one a few months ago, from "The Internet Help Desk" comedy
routine (e-mail me for how to find it, if you have not heard it):  that
word is "pooched" as in "Gee, I guess your registry got pooched".

Oh, and to make this Samba related, I was able to log into my Samba box
once I added in a mapping to the UNIX group '+GROUPNAME' on valid users
entry on the Globals page of SWAT.

- John