Credentials Error

Makis Marmaridis makis.marmaridis at angusknight.com.au
Wed Mar 21 06:23:28 GMT 2001

Simon,

this error has nothing to do with your samba configuration, this should be
all fine.

This error comes up because you are trying to connect to the server as the
second user while just before you have connected as the first one. Windows
NT does not allow you to have two simultaneous connections to the same
server (* not quite accurate but for the sake of explaining it would do) at
the same time.

One way to get around this error is to open up a command prompt at your
client machine and type

	net use * /d

then just try to connect to the share as the second user and this should
work.

Note: if you type in the command prompt

	net use

while connected to any of the shares you will see that connection listed in
the output of the command. You can actually get around this problem and
there was a substantial discussion on samba-ntdom (from memory) about this
around 1,5 - 2 months ago so have a look at the archives. Otherwise get back
to me and I can give you more details.

HTH,

Cheers,
Makis.