Using Samba from One Unix box to one Win98 PC

Dawn Evans DawnEvans at MaritimeDynamics.com
Mon Mar 12 21:17:43 GMT 2001

To all the helpful people out there,
     We currently use samba on our Unix server and have win98 clients from a
winNT network that we share files with.  I have a user that will soon be
working at home using a Unix (SGI Octane2) box and a Win98 PC.  He wants to
be able to share files between the machines.  My question is will I need
some kind of hub between the two for them to make Samba work or can I
connect the PC (It has a network card) directly to the Unix box.  I really
don't know much about this stuff and am just learning so any help would be
great.

Thank You,
Dawn Evans