Configuring Samba

Rod Jenkins RodJ at IowaTelecom.com
Thu Mar 1 19:56:33 GMT 2001

I am still having some troubles getting samba to work.

I have installed samba and it seems to be fine from the server point of
view.  However, my client can see the server in the Network neighborhood,
but I get network path not found.

The server and the client are on different sub-nets.

Both the client and the server are using DNS to resolve names.  Both are
resolvable.  They use FTP between the 2 just fine.
I have other clients that, when they attempt to use the server, get access
denied from this station.

The main reason for using Samba is for the client that cannot get to the
server.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rod.