Multi user access to 1 data file

Curtis Maurand curtis at canon.maurand.com
Wed Jan 31 13:01:06 GMT 2001

Check your tcp options line.  I had the same problems.  First Windows
disconnects on a regular basis.  Its imperative that everyone be talking to
the same WINS server.  Samba doesn't like being a client and a server at the
same time.  Its best to have another machine do WINS.  If its a WINS server,
it doesn't seem to talk to itself.  I've had much better results having the
wins somewhere else.and point to it in the smb.conf file.  Otherwise make
sure your ip addresses are fixed and that you have host entries for them.
If you're talking about Quickbooks, I've been down this road.  the *.qbl
file doesn't like having its ownership changed.  It causes data corruption.
It doesn't seem to matter whether everyone has write access to it or not.  I
had to have everybody who accessed it log in as the same person for it to
work.

Curtis