problem with write_socket_data and write_socket

Chris Herrmann chris at faredge.com.au
Tue Jan 23 21:05:58 GMT 2001

Apparently it is with dns - we've seen the problem on a couple of sites, and
**think** (don't know for sure yet!) that we fixed it by:

- Installing dnscache - if you're running named bind it to the external
interface, and dnscache to the internal
- Make sure samba is using the default lookup list (host wins something from
memory)
- Make sure dhcpd.conf has node type 2 , and netbios-name-server =
someserver

Hopefully by the end of today I should know whether this has actually worked
for us; email me if you want more information.

Cheers,

Chris