Samba configuration error

Wang, Angela {IT T~Nutley} ANGELA.WANG.AW1 at ROCHE.COM
Thu Jan 18 21:04:16 GMT 2001

Hi,

	I am an unix admin trying to install samba 2.0.7 on a HP unix 10.20
system.
	After a long string of checking messages, at end there is an ERROR
message which abort the configuration:

	checking configure summary
	ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
	configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

	I was wondering what caused it and how to get around it. This is the
first time I ever encountered samba. I am trying to install this product by
the request of the application developer team. Your input will be greatly
appreciated.

Angela