problem with long user login names.

Jürgen Frank jfrank at lxco.com
Tue Feb 20 10:00:32 GMT 2001

Hi !
My probling is the following.  I have an NT-Network with a PDC and a
SAMBA-Box. If a new user enter the system it's work greate and my
script to add this user on the samba box works normally fine too.
(in smb.conf "add user script = ...")

All that system works correctly, if I use user-logins like ckoepp,
jfrank ...but if I use large user logins like Administrator or
elisabethfrank this users can't access their home-directories. The user
mapping isn't very helpfull because in this case the home directory name
isn't equal with user login.
So if I map Administrator to root the home-directory called root and not
Administartor (that ok but don't help me, really ).

Any tips ?