SAM user list

Anthony aslan at ispdr.net.au
Fri Feb 16 20:10:07 GMT 2001

Hi everyone,
	I've just joined this and 2 other Samba mailing lists, so I apologise if
my questions have already been covered recently. I tried sending this
E-Mail to samba-bugs, but it bounced back! So here's the original E-Mail:

	I've recently had to reconfigure my Samba server to enable logon scripts
from Windows 9x machines. I'm running Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat Linux 6.2. As
I'm sure you're all aware, I had to change the Windows machines to
"user-level" security, and I previously had them in "share-level" security.
When I go to share a drive now, I need to select which users are allowed
access to the shares. The problem I'm experiencing is that the Windows
machine cannot find the list of users, and when I try searching for users
in the System Policy Editor I get the error message "An error occurred
trying to access the Address Book Provider". I've read all the man pages
and text files I can find on my system and I can't find the solution. Is
there a solution to my problem or is it something Samba doesn't yet
support? There are no NT servers involved - just Windows 95 workstations
and the Samba server.

	There it is. I'm a relatively new Linux user, so go easy :)