Newbie: Need desperate Help

unix user alowance at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 15:29:15 GMT 2001

     I have been trying, unsuccessfully,  to configure my Solaris
server to share out FSs to my NT machines.  I have Solaris 8 and am
running Samba 2.0.7.  I have configured the shares and have created the
passwds in smbpasswd files.  ALL accounts have local UID on the Solaris
machine and the NT workstation.  I have set my smb.conf as follows:
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MY NT DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        unix password sync = Yes
        guest account = smbuser
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = MY IP ADDRESSES
        hosts deny = all
        socket option = TCP_NODELAY

[/homes]
        path = %H

[/tmp]
        path = /tmp
        writeable = Yes
     My questions are:  What is the netbios name for?  Do I need to
supply it.  Also, I am using user security.  Is that correct?  When I
do a net view \\IP OF SOLARIS MACHINE I can see the shares.  I have run
testparm and have no errors and I can see my Solaris box form my
network neighborhood, as well as the shares.  However, when I try to
access themm I get an error stating "the network name cannot be found"
and with net view on NT I get the same error and it gives me the error
code 67.  Also, my log states:
   [2001/02/15 10:08:23, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(151)
  Failed to set socket option SO_KEEPALIVE (Error Bad file number)
[2001/02/15 10:08:23, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(151)
  Failed to set socket option TCP_NODELAY (Error Bad file number)
[2001/02/15 10:08:30, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(214)
  NT CLIENT (128.96.99.39) couldn't find service tmp
[2001/02/15 10:08:35, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(214)
  NT CLIENT (128.96.99.39) couldn't find service homes
    Thanks for the help.  I am in desperate need of a solutions as I
must have this up by the end of the day.