samba 2.0.7 and smbmount

Ludo Lenière l.leniere at clvb.be
Tue Feb 13 08:00:08 GMT 2001

Hello,

I'm running RH 6.0., just upgraded from Samba 2.0.5 to 2.0.7 and noticed the
changed use of smbmount.
Now you can put an entry in fstab, and use a nmbfs file system just as
another file system. Terrific!

The share I mount is on a Win2k workstation, and I mount it to make backups
of my server with BRU.
One problem however. When shutting down, the system hangs, trying to unmount
the smbfs share.

I have seen some messages concerning this matter, never giving a solution.
It was treated as a bug in 2.0.7,
and it was said that the same problem didn't arise with version 2.0.6.

Does anyone knows what's the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks,
Ludo Lenière.