Daemon, Password

Tony Nakamura tony at uickarate.com
Thu Feb 1 17:58:29 GMT 2001

I tried to uninstall RPMs, and my
/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb
and /usr/sbin/samba
both disappeared.  So I guess I was working with
my RPM version of Samba.  This pretty much
brings me back to the original problem.  I seem to
not be able to start the daemon with
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D

I tried from command line and by a shell file.
Neither worked.  What could be wrong?

Appreciate your help!

Tony