I can't browse from W2K

SRD Liu ZhiLing LiuZL at sbell.com.cn
Thu Dec 27 20:46:02 GMT 2001

Dear Andrew,

	I really need you help on the Samba server I have installed on a Sun workstation with Solaris 2.8. The program have been compiled and installed successfully and all the tests ( including testparm and smbclient -U% -L localhost ) seemed to work fine. But when I tried to browse from my PC which has W2K professional, it failed every time. I can see the workstation listed in my Network Neighborhood but I can not open it. Every time an alert jumps out with such message:" Can not access \\s3geda-1. Your account hasn't been authorized to log on by the workstation". I tried to use console command " net use"  but got the same error and had an error  1240.

	Could you please help me to find out what's wrong  with it? By the way, my PC resides in a MS domain and gets IP address from DHCP. While the SUN workstation have static IP address. They are in the same subnet.

	Thank you very much. I am looking forward to your reply.

Mr. Liu Zhiling
ÁõÖ¾Áè
Shanghai Bell Co. Ltd.
Tel:86-21-65440000 ext.365