Win2K and printers

Tony Price smblist at wwwau.com
Sun Dec 23 04:52:02 GMT 2001

Seasons Greetings to One and All

....Hope this is the right place for this.

I have just set up a samba 2.2.2 domain server (PDC) all, pretty much
according to the howto's. All is working including the authentication of a
win2K/SP2 box, pretty chuffed with all this actually just aquired Linux
recently from a magzine.

I have one problem, that is in trying to get the win2k box to add a shared
printer that is connected (lpd) to the samba box, this all works with 98)
and I can see it (server\lp) in the domain.

With the Win2K Box I get the message "You dont have sufficient access to
your machine to connet to the selected printer" after I select the printer,
presumably this is good old win2k giving me some stick with regard to
authorisation on my machine. I am trying to do this while logged into the
domain as a root (0) smbdomain user, incidently a normal (unprivedged) login
user has the same problem.

I am not sure where to look with this, any help would be apprecited.

Thankyou

Tony