Need Help --- Sambaserver is not accessible

Jiram at aol.com Jiram at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 19:52:02 GMT 2001

Sambaserver is not accessible

I have a problem connecting to SAMBA  from Windows/ME systems
(using samba--2.2.2 on Red hat Linux 7.1)

What I would like to know is - What can I change to get this to work properly?

SETUP
I have a simple network -
three Windows/ME systems and 1 Red Hat Linux 7.1 system all on the same
subnet.
There is a linksys router on the same subnet that
provides WAN connectivity through a cable modem
I have a single workgroup named HOMENET. I am  tring to provide file system
shares for
the windows/ME systems.
I do not have a printer connected to my Linux/Samba system
The 3 windows machines share services back and forth
(printers, file shares) without a problem.

PROBLEM