Winbind and trusted domains

Walter_Prentice/Trimax at trimax.com Walter_Prentice/Trimax at trimax.com
Fri Dec 21 13:54:04 GMT 2001

Oh man you should be called Harry instead of Tim, your a wizard man,

Restrict Anonymous registry key  was all my problem, old Netw. admin, had
set security issues on two of the domain controllers, actually one of them
was the PDC, the one I chose to validate accounts.

Samba and Winbind are working fine now,  we'll began testing in IT this
morning.

CVS code seem to be working pretty well on RH 7.0, so I'll keep working
with these version till you leverage 2.2.3

Thanks a lot !!!!

I have a question:
Is there any file I could backup that keeps the mappings between Domain
user and groups names and uid and gid used by Linux ?
So in case I lost the connection to the Domain and have to set it up again
(maybe reinstall samba and winbind), I don't  to need to setup all the
security again if those mappings change.

Thank you in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!!

Tim Potter <tpot at samba.org>@lists.samba.org on 12/19/2001 11:07:53 PM

Sent by:  samba-admin at lists.samba.org