Delays opening Excel/Word files off samba shares.

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Dec 21 12:24:08 GMT 2001

There was another thread on this list regarding delays in opening word
documents which contained links. It seems that windows tries to connect to
port 135 during this time. Have you looked at your network traffic (tcpdump)
to see if the windows client is timing out, trying to talk to a port other
than 137,138,138?
Joel