RH7.2&&smbd2.2.1&&W98/2000&&Connection Problem

anilok moose at mooseman.com
Thu Dec 20 15:08:14 GMT 2001

I would recommend setting up WINS before doing lmhosts.  But if this is a
flat network you need to make sure that you windoze clients have NETBIOS
over TCPIP enabled.

It under WINS in 2000,  not sure on others.

Does NETBIOS support in SAMBA work?  I've never tried it.  Worst case setup
one of you SAMBA servers as a WINS server.  Then configure all servers and
clients to point to it.

Robert Schmoyer