Winbind and trusted domains

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Dec 19 15:57:04 GMT 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 02:43:29PM -0500, Walter_Prentice/Trimax at trimax.com wrote:

> Does Samba has a problem working with trusted domains ?
>
> I have two trusted domains and a Samba server 2.2.2 configured with winbind
> running on RH 7.0, after working for a week its now only showing me the
> remote domain groups and not the local domain groups.

So when you run 'getent passwd' or 'getent group' it only returns
users and groups from the trusted domain and not the domain the Samba
server is a member of?

What happens if you run 'wbinfo -g' or 'wbinfo -u'?

> The remote domain is called Sxxx and the local one Txxxx, does samba
> consider an alphabetical order or somethig like that when working with
> trusted domains.

It's in whatever order the PDC returns the trusted domains when asked
to list them.

> I've been trying to configure Samba to work only with my local domain but
> the swtich  "allow trusted domains = no" seems not to be working.

I don't think this parameter is referred to in winbind.  That sounds
like a bug.

Tim.