Hmm. Silly(ish) question re: winbind

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Mon Dec 17 10:33:05 GMT 2001

Some more info... when I do this:

root at ricky:/sw/samba/lib# wbinfo -a CORP+ges%password_here

I get:

plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user CORP+ges%password_here with challenge/response

Is this related to my not being able to chown files to domain users? And
another query--my UID range is 10000-20000 and my GID range is
20001-30000.. but my groups and my users *still* manage to use the 10000
range....and I'm concerned that they're "overlapping".. but I don't seem to
be able to check the UIDs of my users with winbindd (wbinfo)... help?

Thanks ...
Glenn :)

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator