compile error v2.2.2

Arnold Andrews X-324-4292 aandrews at eng.okla.seagate.com
Fri Dec 14 07:57:06 GMT 2001

> Hi,
>   I am attempting to compile samba version 2.2.2 on my solaris 8
>   server and I get the following error.  Any help would be
>   appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Linking shared library bin/smbwrapper.so
> ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible
> ld: fatal: Flags processing errors
> make: *** [bin/smbwrapper.so] Error 1

Hi,

When I first tried to compile it on mine, I had errors as well. I found that the
code was not test compiled using Sun's C compiler.  There was a workaround by
compiling it --without-winbind-support or something like that.  I wound up using
the gcc compiler (version 3.0.1) with no problems.  I also used the gnu make
rather then the Sun (/usr/ccs/bin/make).

Good luck,

Arnold Andrews
Unix/MCAD Systems Administrator
Seagate Technology, LLC