Samba/Netatalk delete problem

Alejandro Arana alan at sureste.com
Thu Dec 13 11:28:03 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I'm have a Linux Box running samba and netatalk, and a file system
shared with Mac and Windows users. My problem is that when a user in
Windows delete a file that have a Macintosh label (color), and later the
Windows user put another version of the file with the same name, the
Macintosh label still apear (and this is not the behavior that i need).
I view in the file system that Netatalk creates a .AppleDouble folder in
which contains files with the same names that the files with Mac labels
(I think that this files are the Mac attributes), and this files are not
deleted when a Windows user delete the original file (the problem).

I appreciate any help from us.

Alejandro A.