Do NFS and samba conflict?

Orenstein, Dave Dave.Orenstein at abc.com
Tue Dec 11 07:26:07 GMT 2001

I'm trying to share a directory tree on a Redhat 7.1 system with
NT users using Samba and some SCO Openserver 5 hosts with
NFS.  The Samba portion appears to be fine (thanks to help from
the list), but the SCO boxes can't mount the file system.  The
permissions are all there, but the SCO boxes report a GETATTR
failure and then the mount is denied.  The Redhat is set up with
the ext2 file system.  The SCO boxes don't know from ext2.
So my question is am I looking at a Samba vs NFS conflict of
some kind or is it that the SCO NFS doesn't recognize the file
system type?  Thanks for any help.  I'm at a loss on this.
(So much to learn.)
Dave Orenstein, CNE, CCNA
Project Engineer/Maintenance Engineer
ABC Radio Network