Maximum Session IDs

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Thu Dec 6 14:46:04 GMT 2001

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 15:16, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Chris Tooley wrote:
> >
> > Are you by chance using some variant of *NIX (specifically Linux) as a
> > client as well?  I finally got tdbtool built and literally had 1000's of
> > session ids for my linux client in the sessionid.tdb in a matter of 4 or
> > 5 hours.
>
> This smells like the kind of thing that would do it.  It woudl also
> explain a bogged-down server.
>
> How many smbd where there running on the box?

All the smbd processes are present and accounted for on the box.  They
have an owner and are valid processes, but there's only about 25 at the
minute.

You wouldn't by chance know how to make tdbtool "dump" the output of
it's tdb screen dump to a file would you?

Chris Tooley

> In any case, fixing the n^2 algorithm is on my TODO list.

Thanks, this is causing me some pretty rough heartburn.