windows desktop redirection -> samba has problems

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 6 14:12:05 GMT 2001

thanks, you guys rock.

but listen, we run aix 4.3.3. and id prefer to stay with that for now, and
move to linux in the next year or so. if i upgrade samba on aix from 1.9
to 2.2.2, will the directory notification work? or is it only supported on
linux 2.4 or better? i hope thats not the case. if we have to move all our
filesystems to linux just to get this desktop redirect to work, then it
might not be worth it. but then again, weve got to do it someday anyway,
right? sigh....i feel a long weekend coming on....

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu