Newbie (groan... !) Client Problem

George at durequip.com George at durequip.com
Tue Dec 4 09:59:02 GMT 2001

Hmmm ... I don't think so.  No WINS server.  There is an internet nameserver
identified of course, same on my home network.  Both networks are full time
connected to the internet -- DSL at home, ISDN at work.  To clarify, it is
not that I cannot connect to the share.  I cannot even see the SAMBA server
in Network Neighborhood or via NET VIEW from my NT box but I can see it just
fine from the three or four other computers that I checked, including the NT
PDC.  From the Linux box, SMBCLIENT can see the shares on the NT PDC and the
Win95/98 boxes too.  i.e., everybody but me is working! :-(

Geo.