Permissions on Shares

Administrator lists at digitalplace.org
Sun Dec 2 20:30:03 GMT 2001

I have a strange samba share problem.  I am hoping that someone can shed
some light on this problem.  I have a directory called /home/warez.
Inside of this is music/ and warez/  I have all of my mp3's in music and
all my applications in warez.  I have both of these directories shared
using samba as follows:

[music]
        comment = Music
        path = /home/warez/music
        public = yes
        writable = yes

[warez]
        comment = Warez
        path = /home/warez/warez
        public = yes
        writable = yes

As you can see these are both set up identicially.  Yet for some reason
I am not allowed to rename any files in this share.  I get an error
message that says:

Cannot rename XXX:  Access is denied.
Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file
is not currently in use.

The directory is not write protected at all.  In fact if I use my shell
account I am able to go into the same directory and change the name of
the file.  Also I have no problems in the warez directory.  This problem
is only valid in the music directory.  Also I find that in Windows 2k
the drive shows itself as not being connected, yet I can read the files
without a problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael